Last week every house in Wexford received an information leaflet about the dangers of Radon gas in the home. Radon is a naturally occurring radioactive gas that is released into the ground when Uranium is broken down. A rare radioactive element, Uranium is present in small quantities in all rocks and soils. As Radon gas is invisible and has no smell specialist equipment is needed to detect its presence. It is responsible for up to 200 lung cancer deaths in Ireland so it is important that we take remedial action if needed. If you think your family are at risk there are a number of corrective solutions available. Duncan Stewart explains the threats posed by Radon Gas in Ireland and how we can safeguard our homes.